Just like we did last year, were here to give you our predictions on the Top 25 MLB Free Agents. Check back after every big signing to see how far off we were (If Lorenzo Cain signs with the Brewers like Nick Anton believes, I vow to never watch another MLB game)
- Wooding likes the Los Angeles Angels (Davis and Moose) and Philadelphia Phillies (Martinez and Arrieta) to make huge splashes this off-season, as the Angels attempt to supplement the Trout-Simmons-Upton core with real MLB talent, and the Phillies attempt to speed up their rebuild as all the MLiB talent is emerging in the MLB.
- Anton going LoCain-Brewers, who have Braun and Santana in the corners and Phillips/Brinson fighting for the CF job is still a head scratcher, and he also sees the small-market Indians making a BIG play and adding to their Kluber-Carrasco-Bauer rotation picking up Yu Darvish. And his big FA spenders are the Rangers walking away with Hosmer and Arrieta.
- B-Frank spread out his FA money pretty evenly and his overall theme was returns, with big FA’s like Yu Darvish and Wade Davis going back to their previous teams.
- J-Hayes sees his hometown Dodgers losing Darvish to their crosstown foe, but being compensated with the one and only Shohei Otani. He also likes a BOLD Moose to the WHITE SOX move that would really speed up the rebuild (Editor Note: I am so here for it as dumb as it may be. Don’t think Rick Hahn is here for it though)
- Sam Norland sees big free agencies for both the Cubs and the Royals (surprising…) with the Cubs adding both Davis and Holland to the back end and the Royals retaining both Moose and Hosmer.
- Finally, Jackson likes a big off-season for the Cubbies, bringing back Davis and bringing in Otani and Cobb to round out the rotation with Lester, Hendricks and Quintana. That would be scary.