Last night the Los Angeles Lakers defeated the Phoenix Suns 100-93 in Phoenix, with a strong performance from Rookie Kyle Kuzma over 34 minutes factoring in heavily. Kuzma scored 11 and grabbed 6 boards while adding 2 dimes, and has been a major factor ever since moving into the starting lineup for the injured Larry Nance Jr.
Kuzma’s season averages are now up to 14.9 and 6.8 boards, which is mighty impressive for a dude picked 27th overall just a few months ago.
The Other Rookie wing in this game? That would be Phoenix’s Josh Jackson, who played 18 minutes, scored 0 points, grabbed 5 boards and chipped in 1 assist. On the season he is now averaging 9.3 points, 0.8 assists!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, and 3.5 rebounds in 21.5 minutes, while shooting a paltry 37.9% from the field and 26.2% from three.
Man, if only someone had warned you about this guy being a BUM
Josh Jackson is a bum.
If you are re-drafting the 2017 NBA Draft right now, whats the draft look like? I would say
- Jayson Tatum
- Lonzo Ball (Magic would rather die than pass on Lonzo)
- Donovan Mitchell
- Lauri Markannen, Jonathan Isaac or Kyle Kuzma?
- Fox, Nitilikina or Smith Jr,
And then besides those 9 I am also still taking Monk, John Collins, Bam Adebayo, Jarrett Allen, and no shoulder Fultz before Josh Jackson. So Jackson is going a solid 15th for me now, or in other words he is no longer a lottery pick.
Look, everyone hates the small sample size hot take guy, but its clear at this point, we don’t need any more data.
Kyle Kuzma is a better NBA player than Josh Jackson. Plain and Simple
*And for those who want to argue Jackson is a 1 and done compared to Kuzma who stayed 3 years and needs more time, Jackson is
- Extremely old for his age, having been held back so he could dominate younger kids
- Played on advanced AAU teams and high school programs his whole life, and then went to Kansas, exposing himself to top notch training for multiple years.
- Is the right age
- Played on his local Flint, Michigan HS team for 3 years, and then went to Utah, where he sat out an entire year. He is no more seasoned than Josh Jackson, he is just better.
Of course Surges is a Josh Jackson guy.