After about a week of high octane Twitter fights, Chris Brown and Soulja Boy are officially set to square off in a boxing match (not official yet, but we’re going to assume that it is). The time and date are to be determined, but as you can see by the Bovada money line, it may just happen. The fight will happen overseas, likely in Dubai. The fellas were originally set to hold the fight in Vegas, but opted out once they found they would have to pass drug tests – which they both would 100% fail.
On ESPN’s First Take, Floyd Mayweather said that the fight should be for charity. Chris and ‘Soulja’ said screw that. They believe they can make millions by promoting the fight on Pay-Per-View. This is a very unselfish move by the two gentlemen. More money means more music and more music means more Soulja. I still listen to Crank That AT LEAST once a day. It was the anthem at middle school dances everywhere.
Here is a brief summary of the shenanigans that led to the boxing match.
- Soulja liked Chris Brown’s EXes Instagram photo.
- Chris Brown threatened Soulja for liking said photo.
- Soulja attacked Chris Brown on Twitter with a string of vicious Tweets:
- Chris Brown challenged Soulja Boy to a boxing match, and posted his phone number on Instagram. Now, that is a big time power move.
- Soulja Boy reached out to Floyd Mayweather to be his ‘trainer’ for the fight, and Chris Brown reached out to Iron Mike Tyson.
This is shaping up to be one hell of a shit show. It’s probably going to draw millions of viewers world wide and gross millions of dollars, none of it going to charity of course. I’ve never really liked Chris Brown (too soft) so I’ve got my money on Soulja Boy in this one. Hopefully this bout actually happens. Here is an extremely detailed guide of their beef from billboard.com – http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/hip-hop/7654194/chris-brown-soulja-boy-beef-guide.